Whether you are troubleshooting an issue with an existing casting or working to avoid problems altogether on your first run of a new part, solidification analysis is a valuable exercise. By using Magmasoft to simulate the casting process, our engineering team can identify possible issues and control variables like metal temperature, gate and riser sizes, and even sand types to improve the solidification process in the digital space before the mold is ever made.
Solidification analysis allows us to:
- Reduce lead time by fine-tuning the casting feeding system during pattern preparation
- Capitalize on concurrent engineering capabilities
- Increase design flexibility through robust information and process development
- Optimize filling by analyzing porosity, velocity, air entrapment and other criteria
- Improve quality and decrease casting defects
- Reduce costs and save time by getting your casting right the first time
Ideally, our engineers get involved with your design team early in the casting manufacturing process. Using our suite of 3D technologies, we can work with you to maximize the castability of your new parts and prevent casting failure from the beginning.
Solidification modeling also can allow us to improve the casting process of your existing parts and equipment. If you repeatedly run into the same performance problems with your castings, we can use solidification modeling to pinpoint the cause of the defect and permanently eliminate it going forward. This can include decreasing defects seen at machining and improving scrap rate.
Magmasoft and our other 3D technologies arm our knowledgeable engineering team with the best tools available. We look forward to the opportunity to help you address your casting challenges. For more information, contact Mike Janson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414/258-8200.