Rapid response, lower capital costs and product rejuvenation are critical to business success in today's world. Through techniques such as additive manufacturing, subtractive manufacturing or more traditional methods, Badger Alloys can work with you to determine the right technique for your prototype casting needs. Download our whitepaper on tooling methods.
In general the benefits of prototype casting include:
- Shorter design cycle
- Ability to make design changes/enhancements quickly and cost effectively
- Ability to test during tooling production
- Reduction of overall time-to-market by up to 90%
- Lower up-front capital cost
- Reverse engineering
Badger Alloys has additive (3D) and subtractive (Robotic) manufacturing capabilities and continually researches and invests in the latest manufacturing technologies as they become available.
Foundry Engineering Team
Our foundry engineering team works collaboratively with our sand foundry and casting pattern making personnel to help customers achieve their desired result.
On site, we have the ability to provide comprehensive metal casting services, from concept to finish machined castings.
This single-source capability enables Badger Alloys to produce the best quality castings in the most cost-effective manner… with the shortest possible lead time.
Our engineers will consult with you to recommend the process that will result in the best finished casting.
We start by analyzing casting pattern making methods to determine what makes the most sense for your project based on your lead time, quantity, casting size and other criteria.
Whether your casting requires a robotically milled mold or prototype, a 3D sand casting mold, or a hand-crafted traditional wood or urethane pattern, we are committed to providing the highest value casting for your project.
- Fully MAGMA-certified engineer on site. This extraordinary level of training allows our professional to enhance tooling designs and anticipate potential defects in advance, resulting in shorter lead times and reduced overall costs to our customers.
- Combined 80 years experience in foundry engineering. Our team boasts strength in experience (one of our engineers has been with Badger Alloys for more than 40 years!), as well as strength in education and training in cutting-edge technologies.
- Breadth of background in our foundry engineering team offers a diverse collection of perspectives to look at each project from a unique angle.
Cutting-Edge Equipment & Software
- KUKA Quantec six-axis robot
- MAGMASOFT® casting optimization and solidification analysis software
- SOLIDWORKS high-level 3D solid modeling software
Contact Badger Alloys today to get project assistance on your prototype casting project!